Job Title:........................... Service Advisor
Department:....................... Service Department
Supervisor:........................ Service Manager
Experience:........................ Minimum of 2 years as a Service Advisor
Location:…………………..13850 N. Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, Arizona 85022
Pay Class / Full Time:........ Salary + Commission
Assists Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction. Accepts customer vehicles, recognizes problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
· Recognize problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Assist in the preparation of parts orders.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Follow procedures for quick & efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management.
· Ask for clarification if there are any questions which need to be answered.
· Notify a manager in house of serious situations in the absence of the service manager.
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Obtain authorization from customers before performing any repairs, obtain signature when possible.
· Explain repair orders to customer upon delivery of vehicles and answer all questions.
· Follow up with customer on status of completed repairs.
· Ensure motorcycles are returned to the customer in the same or better condition in which they were received.
· Up-sell performance work whenever possible.
· Suggest to service manager additional work that may be needed on motorcycles.
· Ensure the customer’s motorcycle is a clean or cleaner than when dropped off.
· Ensure cleanliness of work area.
· If delays are expected in the completion of a customer’s motorcycle, notify the service manager to allow rescheduling of any customer affected by the delay.
· Make certain work assignments are correct and complete.
· Current Motorcycle license.
· Completed PHD’s (Professional Harley-Davidson)
· PACE (Parts Accessories Clothing Expert)
· Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 800+ lb. motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.