Finance & Insurance Business Manager
Job Title: Finance & Insurance Business Manger
Department: Finance & Insurance Department
Supervisor: Sales Manager / Dealer Principal
Location: 13850 N, Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85022
Pay Class / FLSA Status: Salary + Commission
Direct responsibility for the Finance and Insurance operations of the Motorcycle Sales Department.
• Business office operations
• Maintain a collaborative working relationship with other dealership departments
• Customer service
• Oversee and direct the business office operational activities related to providing finance, insurance, extended service, and pre-paid maintenance programs.
• Produce acceptable levels of revenue and profits for the dealership by selling finance, insurance, extended service programs, and pre-paid maintenance to new and used motorcycle customers.
• Cross-sell parts, accessories, and ready-to-ride products to customers.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with several finance sources, factory and otherwise.
• Pro-actively use C.U.S.T.O.M. sales techniques and Connect lead management system.
• Analyze departmental activities and practices.
• Use effective problem-solving techniques.
• Employ a system of responsible accounting, including budget and internal controls. Set monthly sales objectives and attain goals. Provide General Manager with reports, as requested.
• Pursue a continuing program of formal and informal education in the area of expertise to maintain, strengthen and broaden service. Belong to (or join) any relevant associations.
• Submit paperwork to and obtain approval from finance sources on all finance deals.
• Set up finance forecasting in conjunction with the sales department forecasting to achieve a desired percent of penetration and income. This is to be done on both a monthly and an annual basis.
• Maintain files of active insurance and financial agencies. Maintain a Finance and Insurance logbook. Prepare monthly penetration reports on finance penetration.
• Establish and maintain procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all sales related paperwork. Also check all paperwork for correct title, line information, taxes, errors, etc.
• Handle all rate quotations.
• Act as a liaison to all departments in matters concerning Finance and Insurance.
• Assist and support overall company policies and procedures and support the dealership philosophy.
• Able to work cross-functionally with all departments.
• Provide supplemental assistance to a sales person in the Motorcycle Sales Department. Work in conjunction with the sales team.
• Ensure high levels of Customer Service.
• Motivate entire staff to assure quality customer service to all clients.
• Maintain a quality assessment and improvement program to assure high quality service to all customers. Institute and employ a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistence treatment.
• Ensure that the delivery of any new or used motorcycle is and “EVENT” that will endear customer to the dealership.
• Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrate commitment to the dealership’s philosophy of quality service to all customers and acts as a role model to other dealership employees.
• Be able to handle customer complaints quickly and courteously, demonstrating empathy, a positive attitude, and our commitment to “making things right”.
• As assigned.
• Set up and maintain an adequate program which will ensure a 100% turnover ratio to the Business Manager or F&I department.
• Ability to effectively supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
• Ability to make strong independent decisions and the demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
• Be the example to department employees and other dealership personnel by appearance, attendance, being on time for work, and open to flexible scheduling.
• Establish and maintain an efficient, organized, clean and professional business office.
• Responsible for informing the entire dealership staff of any new programs or promotions relative to F&I. Also develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with other departments.
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
• Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
• Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
• Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Attend training sessions to keep current with F&I sales techniques and other sales department issues.
• Must have the ability to get along with a wide customer base.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills”.
• Knowledge and experience with sales of F&I products, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
• Computer literate with typing skills and open to learning new software and computer programs.
• Able to work effectively and courteously over the phone.
• Establish Arizona Notary.
• The noise level is the work environment is occasionally loud.
• Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a motorcycle.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
• Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.